The Assault on the Carolinas is the annual fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Pisgah Forest.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY
The Rotary Club of Pisgah Forest recognizes and respects the range of personal beliefs and attitudes, vaccination status, and risk tolerances relating to COVID among all AOTC stakeholders (riders, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and community members.)
To minimize the risk of COVID transmission during the 21st Annual Assault on the Carolinas charity bike ride, the Rotary Club of Pisgah Forest will follow current federal and state guidelines:
- CDC Guidelines How to Protect Yourself and Others dated (8.13.2021)
- NCDHHS Interim Guidance for Indoor and Outdoor Venues (7.30.2021)
The following COVID guidance and protocols are implemented for the 21st AOTC:
- Please do not attend or participate in the Assault on the Carolinas if you are exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID or within the past 14 days have been diagnosed with COVID or have been exposed to others who have been diagnosed with COVID.
- Honor others’ desire to social distance and personal choice to wear masks.
- Always have a mask with you and be willing to wear it when and where required.
- Follow masking / social distancing requirements designated on signage and provided by event officials at rider check-in / packet pickup, the staging area at ride start and finish, rest stops, SAG vehicles, and post-course meal service.
- Event officials will implement extra hygiene precautions at areas of high person-to-person contact such as rest stops and the post course meal service. For example:
- At rest stops volunteers will hand out single service food items and fill rider water bottles. Ample hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be provided.
- The post-course meal will be boxed. Fewer tables will be setup and chairs will be dispersed in the eating area. Riders are encouraged to ‘grab and go’ with their meal.
- Indoors – Wear masks and social distance:
- Rider check-in / packet pickup (Brevard-Davidson River Presbyterian Church, 249 East Main Street: Friday, Sept 17th, 6-9:00PM; and Saturday, Sept 18th, 7-8:30AM.)
- Wear masks. All riders and volunteers will wear masks during rider check-in / packet pickup.
- Maintain 6 ft. social distance. Lines will be one-way in/one-way out with 6 ft. social distancing enforced.
- SAG vehicles
- Riders will wear masks when entering and riding in a SAG vehicle.
- Drivers will wear masks when transporting riders.
- Vehicle windows will remain open during rider transport.
- Staging area / course start (8:45-9:00AM, East Main Street, Brevard.) Due to the crowded nature of the staging area, please wear masks immediately preceding course start. To avoid crowding, arrive at the staging area only a few minutes before the start. Feel free to remove your mask after you cross the start line and riders begin to disperse.
- Riding on course. There is no expectation or requirement to mask while riding on course.
- If unvaccinated, wear a mask at stay at least 6 ft. from other people. Disperse from crowded spaces such as the staging area at ride start / finish, rest stop lines, and post-course meal lines and seating areas.
- If vaccinated, please honor others’ desire to social distance.
Please review the following statements to assist you in making a personal choice of whether to participate in the 2021 Assault on the Carolinas and conform to protocols implemented during the event:
- Recognize that the World Health Organization has declared the 2019 novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) a worldwide pandemic.
- Understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by person-to-person contact, through the air, and even possibly by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects.
- Acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to or infection by COVID-19 by participating in the Assault on the Carolinas.
- Know that the Assault on the Carolinas cannot guarantee that infection transmission will not occur.
- Understand that the risks associated with COVID-19 include but are not limited to serious and potentially life-threatening illness, long-term health effects, and even death.
- Knowing these facts, make a personal choice whether to participate in the Assault on the Carolinas, and in consideration of The Assault on the Carolinas’ acceptance of your entry fee, know and voluntarily assume the associated risks with in-person participation.
- Agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
- Agree to abide by specific protocols implemented by the Rotary Club of Pisgah Forest for the 2021 Assault on the Carolinas.